Everyone wants those abs and it's no wonder why. However, the best abs require work on all the ab muscles (front, side, lower back). And so today, I am taking some time out to make sure you are incorporating oblique workouts (side abs) in your routine.
One great obliques exercise is the side plank. How does this work?
- Lie on your right side with your left leg stacked over your right.
- Lift your waist off of the floor balancing on your right elbow. Keep that elbow under your shoulder.
- Lift your left arm up so your left palm is directly above your left shoulder.
- You can stack your legs like I'm doing or put one leg in front of the other to make it easier.
- Keep your waist lifted (not sagging). Abs tight.
- Try to hold for 30 secs to 1 min on each side.