Work multiple muscles by doing this simple exercise. It does involve some good form and focus though. I like to call them oblique squats as they work your obliques (sides of the abs), glutes (bum), and quads (thighs). How do you do them?
- Sit very low in a wide squat. Try to keep your knees over your ankles so your hips are square.
- Tighten your pelvis so your bum is really working.
- Tighten your abs and keep your upper body upright.
- With your palms behind your head, bend your waist to the right side until your right elbow touches your right knee. Make sure you are bending just from your waist and keeping your abs tight!
- Come back to the starting position and repeat on the left side.
Watch the video below for a demonstration.
Cheers Eights & Weights!