New Year’s is quickly approaching, and yep, I'm pretty certain that losing weight or exercising will be among the top resolutions for 2014. But did you know, according to Forbes, that just 8 percent of people achieve their New Year's resolutions?
- Jabra Sport Plus Bluetooth Headset: Wirelessly play music, take calls from your smartphone and listen to the radio. This product is also rainproof, dust resistant, and shock resistant.
- Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale: You know I love my Fitbit :) With the scale, you can track your weight, body fat and body mass index, upload your stats via Wi-Fi, and set your goals, and log your meals and workouts.
- Fitbit Zip Wireless Activity Tracker: Remember the Fitbit Flex? Well, the Zip is similar. If you don't like the wristband feel of the Flex, the Zip is great because you can hide it in your belt, pocket, or bra. It also tracks your steps, calories burned, and distance.
How about apps? Verizon Wireless ha a few of those as well. Below are some of my favorite healthy recipe apps for all your dietary needs this new year:
- Specialty Food App: AllRecipes and Epicurious allow you to search the database of recipes for vegan, no-dairy, no-wheat, high-fiber, low-fat, low-sodium or low-carb dish ideas. Recipes have user-submitted reviews and ratings that are sometimes accompanied by pictures. You can also see full nutrition information.
- Vegetarian Food: I’m Hungry: Vegetarian Recipes is a stunning app that allows you to find a vegetarian recipe in no time. Search for a particular type of recipe or categories – ethnicities, dish types, newest, favorite – and view the main ingredients.
- Vegan Food: Vegan Cooking for Newbies is a perfect app for people new to the vegan diet. It provides background information about vegan cooking, how to set up your pantry and special nutritional considerations for vegans.
- Gluten Free: Gluten Free Recipes 1000 takes a unique approach to categorizing recipes. Categories include the standard (dish type, ethnicity, diet), as well as scenarios, such as cooking with the kids. The app shows all nutrition information so you can be sure to keep an eye on your food intake.
Verizon has just unveiled its new 'Smart Stores' nationwide. These stores are a new way of engaging with customers to help them discover how wireless technology can enhance their lifestyles. These stores are geared to showcase mobile lifestyles – such as fitness – and the wireless devices and accessories that make them a reality. Go on to the website or check out your local Verizon Wireless store today to find the location of your nearest Smart Store.
Cheers Eights & Weights!