Today is Thanksgiving in the US! I am so thankful this year for so much. I truly believe I have great support in my life from family and friends, I have my health and the determination to achieve my goals, I have a great job and I do not lack, I can inspire people everyday, and I have you guys that support what I'm trying to do here through this blog, Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook. Yes, I am thankful for you :)
What are you thankful for?
Okay, I do have to give you some Thanksgiving tips as well. As you celebrate this year, I know it is really tempting to just eat and eat. And while it is absolutely okay to have a day off, there are still some tips you can implement if you want to make some healthier decisions:
- Go for the pumpkin pie instead of the pecan pie. I know the pecan pie sounds healthier, but the pumpkin pie usually has much fewer calories.
- Go for the white meat (mostly the turkey breast) instead of the dark meat when having some turkey.
- Go for wine instead of the sugary cocktails.
- Watch out for your portions.
- The stuffing usually contains more meat stock than you could ever dream of, just to keep it moist. Maybe watch out for the amount of stuffing you have.
- Load up on veggies.
- Find ways to get your family active, like playing a game of football.
Have a lovely Thanksgiving!
Cheers Eights & Weights!
Photo credit: Rosizipp.blogspot.com